KOIZUMI NOW PUBLICLY SAYS HE IS IN FAVOR OF CONSTITUTIONAL CHANGE
Japan’s prime minister is more blatant than ever in ignoring constitutional limits, stating in parliament, “I would be in favor of revising the Constitution to enable Japan to proudly declare that the Self-Defense forces are armed forces.”
LDP OFFICIAL IS UNDER FIRE OVER JAPANESE COLONIZATION OF KOREA
The Liberal Democratic Party Policy Affairs Council Chair, Aso Taro, is under fire from South Korea’s government and mass media because of his remarks concerning the history of Japanese colonization of Korea.
JOB HOPPERS ACCOUNT FOR 20% OF JAPAN’S YOUTH LABOR FORCE
A government survey reveals that every fifth young worker is employed as a contingent worker, indicating that companies’ employment strategy is aimed at holding down labor costs to make immediate profits.
CONSTITUTION vs. CONTINGENCY BILLS
* Prime Minister Koizumi’s hawkish remarks increase (May 28)
* JCP is opposed to sending SDF to Iraq: Shii (May 29)
* Wartime bills force broadcasters to air war reports (May 29)
* No prosperity without peace: Democratic traders and producers lobby against wartime legislation (June 3)
* Public medical workers must support U.S. forces even before armed attack (June 3)
ECONOMY -Consumption tax-
* Consumption tax rate may go up (May 28)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.