|Students protesting against the Ampo treaty and then-PM Kishi
The “Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security between the United States and Japan” is known in shortened form in Japanese as the “Ampo Joyaku.” It could more accurately be known as the “Ampo Noyaku” (農薬) one possible very rough translation of which would be the “U.S.-Japan Bulls**t” treaty. It is a BS treaty not because it took the release of Class A War Criminals and massive amounts of CIA money over the years to get the U.S. the sufficiently anti-communist government it needed to allow U.S. bases willy-nilly wherever they wanted to plunk them down on Japanese soil (especially Okinawa)1); it is a BS treaty not because it was only passed by the Japanese Diet by tricking the opposition into taking everyone’s usual lunch-break and then having only the LDP members sneak back in to vote 2); it is a BS treaty not because Japan faces no threats of sufficient “threateningness” to warrant it: Russia (and the Soviet Union before it) although it does have some amphibious landing capability has rarely in its long military history utilized it, and China has all of one purchased, slightly-used formerly Ukrainian aircraft carrier; it is not a BS treaty because Article 1 of the treaty which states, “The Parties undertake, as set forth in the Charter of the United Nations, to settle any international disputes in which they may be involved by peaceful means in such a manner that international peace and security and justice are not endangered and to refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state,” is ritually ignored by the United States. No, it is a BS treaty because it doesn’t have the sense that god gave a goose to focus on the real existential threat that Japan is facing: climate change.
- Seizure and Internationalization of the Assets of Oil and Gas Companies That Committed Criminal Acts of Deception
- Emergency Build-up of Food Emergency Infrastructure
- Rational Staged Withdrawal from the Coasts
- Degrowth and “Other-growth” in the so-called developed world. Green growth still allowable in the developing world.
- A Massive “New Hydrology” Effort to Protect, and Expand the Carbon Sequestration Ability of Terrestrial Land Masses
- An agreement on shifting to a complete, global, climate change war footing including rationing, until such time as the crisis is past.
- “Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA,“ Time Weiner, Anchor, May 2008
- “Why Tropical Storm Vongfong May Just Be The Beginning For Japan” Jeff Spross, Climate Progress, Oct 12, 2014 (http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/10/12/3579143/vongfong-japan-storm-losses/
- “Catalogue of abrupt shifts in Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change climate models” Sybren Drijfhout, et al, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) Oct. 12, 2015
- DOD 2014 Climate Change Adaptation Roadmap, http://www.acq.osd.mil/ie/download/CCARprint_wForeword_c.pdf
- Could a US-Japan “Green Alliance” Transform the Climate-Energy Equation? Andrew DeWitt, Japan Focus, May 2014 http://japanfocus.org/-Andrew-DeWit/4111
- “Ice melt, sea level rise and superstorms: evidence from paleoclimate data, climate modeling, and modern observations that 2OC global warming is highly dangerous” Hansen, et al, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics Discussion, 15, 20059–20179, 2015
- “The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity, Ecological and Economic Foundation” TEEB http://www.teebweb.org/our-publications/teeb-study-reports/ecological-and-economic-foundations/
- “The Climate Deception Dossiers” Union of Concerned Scientists Report http://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming/fight-misinformation/climate-deception-dossiers-fossil-fuel-industry-memos#.VapofIvR-ug July 2015
- “Trade-Off: Financial System Supply-Chain Cross-Contagion: a study in global systemic collapse” David Korowicz, Metis Risk Consulting & Feasta, June 30, 2012